Quick Tip : Manual – Backup App Service via Azure portal | Step By Step
In this blog, we are going to learn “How to take Manual Backup App Service via Azure portal”.
App Service can back up the following information to an Azure storage account – container that you have configured your app to use.
- App configuration
- File content
- Database connected to your app
- Azure account with an active subscription. Create an account for free
- Quick Tip : How to Create Storage Account via Azure portal
- Quick Tip : How to Create Storage Container in Storage Account via Azure portal
- Resource Group
- App service plan – Backup feature support only for Standard or Higher App Service Plan
- App service
- Azure storage account
- Azure storage account – Container
Step by Step:
Step 0: Go through the Pre-requisites
Step 1: In the Azure portal, navigate to your app’s page, select Backups.
Step 2: Click on “Configure”
Step 3: Select the existing “Storage Container”, then click on “Save”
Step 4: Now click on “Backup” to backup the app service
Step 5: App service backup in-progress
Step 6: Here you can see the backup is succeeded, Click on “Refresh” if the backup takes time
Points to Remember:
- Backup feature shoud be Standard or Higher App Service Plan.
Do you still have any questions about this article, ask away in the comments and we’ll do our best to help!